FORMER COVER / TRIBUTE ACT

www.OriginalMusicReviews.BlogSpot.com

I QUIT MY COVER / TRIBUTE ACT
My 2012 New Year's Resolution to JOIN the Original Music Scene.

1) I Pledge to join the ORIGINAL MUSIC REVIEWS Revolution. I will stay away from the urge to dress up, act like, and play someone else’s music. I will no longer be a Karaoke Clown (aka Cover Band / Tribute Band).

2) I Pledge to change my phony stage name back to my real name. I will no longer let my lover scream out the name of the Original Artist, who I was emulating. There is only one True Original ACE, AXL, BABY SPICE, FLAV, DIMEBAG, EDGE, ELVIS, GAGA, JAGGER, JIMI, LL, MARILYN, NIKKI, OZZY, PAGE, PLANT, RINGO, SLASH, and Alvin & the Chipmunks. None of those people are me.



3) I Pledge to no longer play other people's music. I am not afraid of turning off the radio and turning on my mind, heart, & soul by writing some ORIGINAL MUSIC. I will no longer watch hours of video to try to emulate other music performers in the mirror (playing air guitar or singing into your little sister's hairbrush).

4) I Pledge to join the Original Music scene by seeing at least one ORIGINAL Garage, Local, Underground, Unsigned, or Inde Artist perform their whole set each month. I will support the Original Music scene as a whole.

5) I Pledge to wear a t-shirt of an ORIGINAL Garage, Local, Underground, Unsigned, or Inde Music Artist at least twice a month in the general public.

6) I Pledge to give all Cover / Tribute Band shirts to the homeless. (I should just spare the homeless the embarrassment by burning the shirts).

7) I Pledge to work hard at writing & recording new original music and I choose to be part of the original music scene in spite of the temptation of copying someone else’s original music.

8) I Pledge to practice long, hard, & often to become a better more creative Original performer. I will be creative and express myself through my talent and not someone else’s talent. (It will feel so good to be creative). I will do it my way and not some other music artist’s way.

The previous was used with permission from www.OriginalMusicReviews.BlogSpot.com 2012. Original Music Reviews grants ME, YOU (If you have the guts), & EVERYONE else permission to Copy, Distribute, Like, Post, Print, Share, or Tweet the previous pledge for All to see as long as it is displayed legally, unedited, and in it’s entirety.